[Videolib] Fwd: National Media Market News ....

Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:17:21 -0800

--=====================_506890==.ALT

>Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:24:03 -0700
>Subject: National Media Market News ....
>From: Ursula Schwarz <uschwarz@earthlink.net>
>To: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
>
>Hi Gary,
>
>I would like to post this on videolib or videonews - whichever you think=20
>best, and wanted to run this by you first since your name is in it!
>
>Thank you,
>
>Ursula
>

>SAVE THE DATE!
>THE 27th NATIONAL MEDIA MARKET,
>SEPTEMBER 28-OCTOBER 2, 2005
>

>PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SESSIONS HAVE BEEN FINALIZED:
>
>OPENING SESSION/RECEPTION =8B Wednesday Evening
>Come meet MONA GOLABEK=8B internationally-acclaimed co-author of The=20
>Children of Willesden Lanewho worked with the Milken Family Foundation to=
=20
>make her book a rich resource for learning. Golabek will discuss how the=
=20
>story of her mother's struggle not only became the basis of a book, but=20
>also yielded an interdisciplinary study guide for students (Facing History=
=20
>and Ourselves), a CD that reinforces the musical selections in the book,=20
>and the soon-to-be-released DVD
>
>COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT =8B Friday morning
>The format for this session will be a panel discussion. Panelists from=20
>different educational market segments will discuss their approaches to=20
>acquisitions.
>- Gary Handman, UC Berkeley
>- Sally Mason, Director of Public Programs, National Video Resources
>- Rany Levy, Founder of Coalition for Quality Children's Video
>- Media Director from a Regional Center (TBA)
>
>THE PATRIOT ACT =8B Saturday morning
>Ellen Shelketoff from The American Library Association will discuss issues=
=20
>and ramifications of this act, how it affects our educational and public=20
>institutions, and why it positions librarians as defenders of civil rights.
>
>Market Highlights:
> * Fifty-five distributors personally representing their best products
> * On-Demand screeningsof over 2,000 media titles
> * Extended screening hours=8B21 1/2 hours
> * The lowest prices for the highest quality media
> * Market discount coupons represent over $1,300 in savings
> * Professional development sessions and product updates
>
>NEW THIS YEAR:
>A 2-for-1 registration incentive for buyers who bring a colleague to the=20
>market.
>
>To request more detailed information and learn how you can register for=20
>the premier event in the industry, or to be removed from this list, please=
=20
>contact the Market Director at the address below.

> [...]

UC Berkeley

****

--Ted Berrigan=20
--=====================_506890==.ALT

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:24:03 -0700
Subject: National Media Market News ....
From: Ursula Schwarz <uschwarz@earthlink.net>
To: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>

Hi Gary,

I would like to post this on videolib or videonews - whichever you think best, and wanted to run this by you first since your name is in it!

Thank you,

Ursula

SAVE THE DATE!
THE 27th NATIONAL MEDIA MARKET,
SEPTEMBER 28-OCTOBER 2, 2005

PROFESSI= ONAL DEVELOPMENT SESSIONS HAVE BEEN FINALIZED:

OPENING SESSION/RECEPTION =8B Wednesday Evening
Come meet MONA GOLABEK=8B internationally-acclaimed co-author of The Children of Willesden Lanewho worked with the Milken Family Foundation to make her book a rich resource for learning.  Golabek will discuss how the story of her mother's struggle not only became the basis of a book, but also yielded an interdisciplinary study guide for students (Facing History and Ourselves), a CD that reinforces the musical selections in the book, and the soon-to-be-released DVD=20

COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT =8B Friday morning
The format for this session will be a panel discussion. Panelists from different educational market segments will discuss their approaches to acquisitions.
- Gary Handman, UC Berkeley
- Sally Mason, Director of Public Programs, National Video Resources
- Rany Levy, Founder of Coalition for Quality Children's Video
- Media Director from a Regional Center (TBA)

THE PATRIOT ACT =8B Saturday morning
Ellen Shelketoff from The American Library Association will discuss issues and ramifications of this act, how it affects our educational and public institutions, and why it positions librarians as defenders of civil rights.

Market Highlights:

NEW THIS YEAR:
A 2-for-1 registration incentive for buyers who bring a colleague to the market.

To request more detailed information and learn how you can register for the premier event in the industry, or to be removed from this list, please contact the Market Director at the address below.

Ursula Schwarz
National Media Market
P.O. Box 87410
Tucson, AZ 85754-7410