Re: [Videolib] Signage for "It is Illegal to Make Copies"

Vicki Nesting (vnestin@bellsouth.net)
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:32:18 -0600

Hi Monique (and everyone)!

We don't have a huge sign, but we do have labels inside every DVD/video
case that say:

NOTE: United States Copyright Law restrictions regarding video programs
are very specific and may sometimes seem to be arbitrary. In general,
these restrictions indicate that the videocassettes are for the private
use of individuals, families or similar groups in homes. This means
that public or group performances in other settings are not allowed
under the Copyright Law without specific permission from the copyright
owner. And, of course, these videos may not be copied. The library is
not responsible for damage to equipment used to play this video.

HTH,
Vicki

Vicki Nesting, Regional Branch Librarian
St. Charles Parish
East Regional Library
Destrehan, Louisiana
vnesting@stcharles.lib.la.us