Re: [Videolib] Signage for "It is Illegal to Make Copies"

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:57:29 -0500

That won't work Mike. Remember under The Patriot Act the library CAN'T TELL
ANYONE there records are being accessed. They get those wonderful secret
subpoenas.

Jessica

Monique,

> Do you plan to post the FBI Anti-Piracy Warning next to your library's
> USA Patriot Act Warning?
>
> Heh, heh, heh.
>
> Mike
>
> --- videolib@library.berkeley.edu
> wrote:
> Hello,
>>
>> To follow up from my earlier post, I like the idea of
> creating a huge
>> sign to post in our media department to deter illegal copying
> of
>> audiovisual materials.
>>
>> I don't want to reinvent the wheel. So,
> for all of you who do have
>> signs posted in your media department, what's
> stated? Or do you pretty
>> much repeat the FBI copyright warning found on
> most cover art?
>>
>> However, as someone pointed out, if patrons really
> want to illegally
>> copy a tape, they are going to ignore all FBI warnings.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Monique Threatt
>> IUB
>> 812 955-9857