Re: [Videolib] Signage for "It is Illegal to Make Copies"

Gary Handman (
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:12:13 -0800

They might ignore your sign, but at least you'd be demonstrating good faith
in adhering to current law. Without an institutional policy in place, and
without some measure of public info about this, we're sitting ducks!

At 02:43 PM 3/9/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>To follow up from my earlier post, I like the idea of creating a huge
>sign to post in our media department to deter illegal copying of
>audiovisual materials.
>I don't want to reinvent the wheel. So, for all of you who do have
>signs posted in your media department, what's stated? Or do you pretty
>much repeat the FBI copyright warning found on most cover art?
>However, as someone pointed out, if patrons really want to illegally
>copy a tape, they are going to ignore all FBI warnings.
>Monique Threatt
>812 955-9857
>Videolib mailing list

UC Berkeley