RE: [Videolib] Video: Martin Luther King, Jr.: a personal portrai

Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:05:36 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C524EB.BD356387

Kristen,

Remember (per the discussion on this list recently) that if an unused copy
cannot be found at a reasonable price (or can't be found at all), you can
legally make a copy of another legal copy to replace your (I assume) damaged
or stolen copy. (Of course you have to find someone with a legal copy, but
that is often less difficult than finding a copy for sale). This is a
library exemption to copyright (section 108). Our library has decided that
we will always purchase a copy if it is available (used or new, pretty much
regardless of the price), but we will use this exemption if a copy cannot be
found. Hopefully (for our customers who use this material) other libraries
are also taking advantage of this exemption.

mb

Michael Brewer

University of Arizona Library A210

1510 E. University