Re: [Videolib] Film Series and Alexandra's Project

Jerry Notaro (notaro@stpt.usf.edu)
Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:27:48 -0500

This whole issue came up seriously about 10 years ago in Florida. I was
Chair of the Media Services Group and we did a program on this at our Annual
Conference and I wrote an article about it for Florida Libraries. Another
copyright issue is that the MPAA rating system itself is copyrighted. We had
a public librarian putting his own G, PG, PG-13, M, R, and X labels on
videos! I then ended up debating him at the Intellectual Freedom program.

Jerry