RE: [Videolib] Re:In House Theft

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 07:59:05 -0600

Thanks, Brigid, I'm going to pass this one on to my department head.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
Phone: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209
bltata@aurora.lib.il.us
www.aurora.lib.il.us

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Brigid Duffy
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:19 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Re:In House Theft

You might consider getting ALL your staff together and making a general
announcement that items are going missing, and that everyone should
take more care to be sure their belongings are safe. That not only gets
the idea across to the people who aren't stealing that they should be
cautious, it also tells whoever is stealing that you are aware and
watching.

If someone asks if there is someone specific you have in mind, honestly
say you're not in a position to make accusations, but you are able to
tell everyone to be careful.

Think we had to do this, a few years ago.

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200