Re: [Videolib] Film Series and Alexandra's Project

MileFilms@aol.com
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:41:08 EST

--part1_90.58b710b0.2f579b04_boundary

In a message dated 3/2/05 4:48:49 PM, sammons@onlib.org writes:

> Do any of you normally "warn" your
> patrons?=A0 I am frankly a bit put off by this.=A0 Everyday I hear of one
> more ugly head rearing by this wave of anti-free speech, FCC paranoia,
> Karl Rovism! I love the Film Movement series but as a video selector for
> a large public library, I like to think that my patrons can decide for
> themselves whether or not to watch a video.
>=20

I would say that to be absolutely true of a lending copy, but a public film=20
series does need to advise patrons of any content that might be seen as=20
objectionable -- just to keep from parents bringing eight-year-olds, unneces=
sary law=20
suits and jobs being lost. It's not like the good ol' days.

Done right, however, and people would see the warning as an enticement!=20

Also sprach Schlockmeister,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
Website: http://www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_90.58b710b0.2f579b04_boundary

patrons?=A0 I am frankly a bit put off by this.=A0 Everyday I hear of one more ugly head rearing by this wave of anti-free speech, FCC paranoia,
Karl Rovism! I love the Film Movement series but as a video selector for
a large public library, I like to think that my patrons can decide for
themselves whether or not to watch a video.

I would say that to be absolutely true of a lending copy, but a public fi= lm series does need to advise patrons of any content that might be seen as o= bjectionable -- just to keep from parents bringing eight-year-olds, unnecess= ary law suits and jobs being lost. It's not like the good ol' days.