RE: [Videolib] Film Series

Eileen Simmons (ESimmons@ci.everett.wa.us)
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:12:25 -0800

We are now beginning our second year using Film Movement titles as the basis for a film series. I'm sure you know you already get one public performance right with these titles if you subscribe to the series. I prescreen all the titles, and pick those I think are the best for the series. (The others just go into the circulating collection right away) I have been showing them Sept. through April or May, taking a break during the summer.

We have a devoted following, with audiences anywhere from 30-60, with very little PR effort. We schedule the films on the second Sunday of the month (and call the series Second Sundays-hopefully a mnemonic for people), at 2 p.m. We try to make it clear that most of these are unrated, and may not be suitable for children. We get a good number of seniors and then an assortment of other ages.

Eileen Simmons
Assistant Director/Head of Reference
Everett Public Library
2702 Hoyt Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
425.257.8022

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Lesley Lundgren
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:46 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Film Series

Hi All,

I'm interested in starting a film series at our public library and
would be interested if anyone has suggestions or resources they could
share. We have a collection of titles from the Film Movement and have
purchased a blanket agreement to cover PPR. I would value any advice
from selection to publicity.

Many thanks,
Lesley Lundgren

Lesley Lundgren