RE: [Videolib] help w/AV task force proposal

James Scholtz (jimscholtz@sdln.net)
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:49:17 -0500

Hi, I'm sure that you'll receive lots of policy manuals via attachments so
this choice may be second-best. I'm an author of several books on policies
and procedures for libraries concerning AV materials. (Developing Video
Policies for Libraries - ABC-CLIO, plus others). I've also contributed
chapters to several books on the same subject. One of those - Gary
Handman's book (by Greenwood Press, c2004) - Developing Video Collection in
the Multitype Library (or some such title?) presents some great chapters on
collection development, copyright, streaming discussions, etc. which should
give you samples of policies. As you are probably aware, you'll have to use
a combination of template and topical analysis/additions due to the local
nature/procedures as well as the every-changing technology. These sources
should get you started.

Jim Scholtz, Library Director
Yankton Community Library
515 Walnut St.