RE: [Videolib] Cut It Out! (Was Military Ads on Chanel One)

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:22:07 -0500

I AGREE!!! Nuff said

...by the way, is your Mom a good cook? Just weighing options...lol

Have a great weekend!

Mark

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of LeeAnne
Krause
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:49 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Cut It Out! (Was Military Ads on Chanel One)

Let's keep this professional please. We're all educators of some sort,
and we all have the privilege and duty to handle lots of materials, even
those we don't necessarily agree with. Argumentation and debate over
professional matters is useful, but now we're bickering. If I wanted to
hear folks snipe about their political views, I'd go to my mother's
house.

Folks gonna watch the Oscars? There's lots of fine actors who had been
nominated previously and lost, so hopefully we won't see to many
"sympathy" wins this year...

Have a wonderful evening,
LeeAnne

LeeAnne L. Krause, Manager
Educational Films Collection
University of South Carolina
803-777-0322

See our new searchable database at www.sc.edu/library/edfilmdb/

>>> iu8film@iu08.org 2/24/2005 4:33:11 PM >>>
Apparently, you missed the "jingoistic" point of my comment.
Being the good "fanatically patriotic" (jingoistic, as defined by
whatever dictionary you wish to use or this one
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jingoistic ),
I'll explain that if it wasn't for our military, we'd all be speaking
German, or any other of a number of languages of countries who would
have had no qualms in conquering this great land if it was not
defended....paraphrased from the popular bumper sticker: "If you can
read this, thank a teacher...if it's in English, thank a Soldier"

And by the way, Brian...I am VERY patriotic, and am NEVER embarrassed by
that. I believe in the United States of America...if that is
"jingoistic", then I need a freakin Tee Shirt that says so.
Heyyyyyy...being the Capitalistic state that it is, I could make some
cash on that too!!

Don't go stealing my idea now...

Mark