RE: [Videolib] Military Ads on Chanel One

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:10:10 -0500

"....And there is no shame in being against the current U.S.
administration and its misguided wars either--they are not being fought
for
my opinions or your opinions or for any reasonable concept of freedom or

justice....."

Then certainly, there's no shame in SUPPORT of our current
administration and the proud tradition of service to our country in the
United States Military.

We will never all agree on what is misguided, and what is fact. We can
exchange all day long, with profound abilities learned from a cadre of
Educators that we owe a debt of gratitude. I'm just happy and thankful
to the military that it's in ENGLISH!

Mark

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Beth
Williams
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 1:07 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] Military Ads on Chanel One

I hardly think that Fahrenheit 911 was shown on a daily basis in
homerooms
all over the country----the point of the original post is that students
should be getting educational news from Channel 1, not recruitment ads
for
the U.S. military. And there is no shame in being against the current

At 11:12 AM 2/24/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Where was your outrage when schools showed Fahrenheit 911?...hmmmm?
>
>Oh, that's right...someone claimed THAT was a documentary!!
>
>THERE'S NO SHAME IN VOLUNTEERING FOR THE UNITED STATES
>MILITARY!!!!!!!!! Without them, neither of us could have our own
>opinion and share it!!
>
>Mark

Beth Williams
Circulation
North Hall Library
570-662-4690
ewilliam@mnsfld.edu

"To say I am merely depressed that he was re-elected is to say the
Titanic
sustained a little paint damage. I speak not from any particular
affinity
for John Kerry, but from a conviction that Mr. Bush's peculiar
combination
of zealotry and utter incompetence constitutes a clear and present
danger
to national security and international stability."
Published on Monday, November 8, 2004 by the Baltimore Sun Is This the
Beginning of the End for America? by Leonard Pitts Jr.