RE: [Videolib] Military Ads on Chanel One

Hooft, Robert (RHOOFT@jibc.bc.ca)
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:16:16 -0800

I personally found the article very interesting. The recruiters no longer have to come to the schools, they can feed their messages everyday in the classroom setting. A very effective way to recruit indeed. Gone are the days of Uncle Sam posters. I too believe that the article is relevant....it is dealing with "Educational video" in the classroom....no?

Rob Hooft
JIBC Library
New Westminster, B.C.
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Deborah
Benrubi
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:22 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Military Ads on Chanel One

I'm with Meghann on this one. We are media professionals are we not?
Talking about video use in schools is more relevant than talking about pro
baseball, which (I confess) largely bores me to tears, and yet there seems
to be no problem with the occasional Cubs reference! There's always the
delete key...

Debbie Benrubi

At 10:27 AM 2/24/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Ronald Roby wrote: "This is not the place for political propaganda."
>
>I don't consider this posting as political propaganda. It was a news
>story (admittedly with a slant, but without any additional added rhetoric
>by the poster) about media and video and its use in schools. I think this
>is relevant to a list concerning video use and education.
>
>Best,
>
>******************************
>Meghann R. Matwichuk
>Instructional Media Department
>Morris Library
>University of Delaware
>181 S. College Ave.
>Newark, DE 19717
>(302) 831-1475
>
>On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 Rrroby@aol.com wrote:
>
>>This is not the place for political propaganda.
>>

>>Ronald Roby, School Media Consultant
>>Great River AEA 16
>>3601 West Avenue Road
>>Burlington, Iowa 52601
>>319-753-6561 X 143

Deborah Benrubi
Technical Services Librarian
University of San Francisco
Gleeson Library|Geschke Center
2130 Fulton St.
San Francisco, CA 94117

PHONE (415) 422-5672 / FAX (415) 422-2233 or 422-5062
EMAIL <benrubi@usfca.edu>