RE: [Videolib] Military Ads on Chanel One

Beth Williams (ewilliam@mansfield.edu)
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:07:03 -0500

I hardly think that Fahrenheit 911 was shown on a daily basis in homerooms
all over the country----the point of the original post is that students
should be getting educational news from Channel 1, not recruitment ads for
the U.S. military. And there is no shame in being against the current U.S.
administration and its misguided wars either--they are not being fought for
my opinions or your opinions or for any reasonable concept of freedom or
justice.

At 11:12 AM 2/24/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Where was your outrage when schools showed Fahrenheit 911?...hmmmm?
>
>Oh, that's right...someone claimed THAT was a documentary!!
>
>THERE'S NO SHAME IN VOLUNTEERING FOR THE UNITED STATES MILITARY!!!!!!!!!
>Without them, neither of us could have our own opinion and share it!!
>
>Mark

Beth Williams
Circulation
North Hall Library
570-662-4690
ewilliam@mnsfld.edu

"To say I am merely depressed that he was re-elected is to say the Titanic
sustained a little paint damage. I speak not from any particular affinity
for John Kerry, but from a conviction that Mr. Bush's peculiar combination
of zealotry and utter incompetence constitutes a clear and present danger
to national security and international stability."
Published on Monday, November 8, 2004 by the Baltimore Sun Is This the
Beginning of the End for America? by Leonard Pitts Jr.