Re: [Videolib] PPR...again...still...arrgh

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:29:23 -0500

I find it especially disturbing because it is PBS which frankly despite
budget issues is not some small independent company and this is title that
is being widely hawked in the consumer market. I understand though I don't
agree when small companies which have a very limited number of consumer
orders try this.
This is not a remotely gray area of copyright law. The face to face
exemption clearly makes any legal copy available for standard classroom
use. I am curious as to what they think an institution might do with it that
would require PPR rights.
In any event it is not worth the argument , just buy it as an individual and
get reimbursed. A pain in the neck but it saves $300

Jessica

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International