RE: [Videolib] PPR...again...still...arrgh

Maureen Tripp (Maureen_Tripp@emerson.edu)
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:55:28 -0500

hmmm. Me too. I know the title to which you refer, I am pretty sure. I argued with them, also, to no avail.
So . . . is it acceptable for an individual to purchase at the original price and donate to the collection?????
Maureen

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Mark W. Kopp
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:31 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] PPR...again...still...arrgh

I find myself in the middle of a recent argument on the list serv.

No "home version" available and the so-called "Education" version
"requiring" Public Performance Rights for classroom/educational use.

The original "home version" WAS available on 3 DVD's for $69.95. It's
now $399.00 and only available with PPR, and the distributor claiming
it's their agreement with the producer that drives the price.

Just venting...to the collective ears of those who can relate.

Mark W. Kopp
Instructional Materials Services
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8