Re: [Videolib] film stills for publication

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:29:49 -0500

These days most publishers require authors to clear the use of any stills in
books they publish. I think your list is going to be really difficult to
track down. I would start by checking either New York Times or Variety for
the original distributor ( if they had theatrical distribution). He also
could either go himself or pay someone to track down copyright holder
through the Copyright office at the Library of Congress. However the really
tricky part is that film rights often change hands over the years and
determining who owns each of them now may not be so easy.

Good Luck

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International