Re: [Videolib] looking for new recommended horror films

Jen Stutesman (jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu)
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:35:31 -0800

Renee,
Here is the list of movies I compiled and bought for our
library about a year and a half ago. I bought mostly cult,
international, and some classics. (We already had quite a
bit of international films, so I just built on it.) I used
Facets’ ‘search by film category > horror’ link, personal
knowledge, Videolib, IMDB, and polling of other staff.
-jen stutesman, Walla Walla Walla Comm.College

Atom Age Vampire
I Vampiri
The Wicker Man
The Lucio Fulci Collection, vol. 3: City of the Living
Dead / Don’t Torture a Duckling
Carnival of Souls
Das Kabinett des Doktor Caligari / The Cabinet of Dr.
Caligari
Les Yeux sans visage / Eyes Without a Face
Fearless Vampire Killers (One of Roman Polanski’s first
movies!)
The Invisible Man (1933)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Suspiria
The Thing (1982)
Alien
Aliens
Halloween
Young Frankenstein
American Werewolf in London
The Birds
Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
Carrie
The Fly (1986)
Island of Lost Souls (1933) (Gary H. put this on the
Videolib listserv: “Laughton NOT (for God’s sake) Brando –
a horror unto himself” (**g**) A quick check of Amazon
shows that a new DVD release is available, which was not
the case when I originally compiled this.)
Nosferatu
Frankenstein (1931)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956 and 1978)
Freaks (1932) (truly horrible, I’m told; I had no luck
getting this, but it may be available now.)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Misery (1990)
Psycho (1960)