Re: [Videolib] Hispanic on tv and early film series

(no name) ((no email))
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:24:43 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

How about the "Mexican" bad guys in the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns and the evil bandits, as well as the humble peasants in the Magnificent Seven.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nell Chenault <njchenau@vcu.edu>
Sent: Feb 10, 2005 5:59 PM
To: "videolib@library.berkeley.edu" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>,
Serena Haroian <seharoian@vcu.edu>
Subject: [Videolib] Hispanic on tv and early film series

VCU is looking for stereotypes of Hispanics (Latinos, Chicanos) in
television or film (not contemporary). We already have Zorro, Speedy
Gonzales, and Chico and the Man (where can we get this last one?). We
also have the /Carmen Moranda Bananas/ are My Business documentary and
the Bronze Screen doc.

We reviewed Gary's great list of Hispanic related docs from the Univ.
Berkely site and Viewing Race site.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks!!!!

Nell Chenault