RE: [Videolib] looking for new recommended horror films

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:08:42 -0600

What kind of recommendations are you looking for? Critical from film
critics, or librarians, or the public. You might try one of Facets
catalogs. A few years ago, they published one that was called something
like "The movie lover's catalog." It had a huge number of lists in it.
Also, Amazon has lists of their top sellers in a genre. And I know that
a few years ago, Booklist did a core horror film list, some of which
were newer. Hope this helps.

Becky

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Renee Zurn
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 10:08 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] looking for new recommended horror films

Dear movie friends,
I would like to spruce up the library's movie collection by purchasing
some newer horror films, things made since the 1980's. I have tried to
find lists of recommended horror films but am having little luck. I
know if I page through Videohound or a similar reference book I will
find some but I am hoping a bibliography of best new horror films
already exists. Any suggestions?

Renee Zurn
Duluth Public Library
Duluth MN