RE: [Videolib] looking for new recommended horror films

Ryan Whitehead (ryan@facets.org)
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:03:12 -0600

Facets has put together several lists of horror films in the past. The
following films from the 80s, 90s, and 00s should provide a starting point:

The Addiction
Alien3 (if it's not to Sci-Fi)
American Psycho
An American Werewolf in London
Begotten
The Blair Witch Project
Borrower
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Candyman
The Cell
Christine
Cronos
Dead Alive
Dead Ringers (and other Cronenberg, such as Naken Lunch)
The Dead Zone
The Eternal
The Evil Dead
The Eye
The Fog
Frailty
Friday the 13th
Gothic
Hannibal
Hellraiser
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
The Hills Have Eyes Part 2
The Howling
The Hunger
Haaterskill Falls
Jacob's Ladder
The Lair of the White Worm
The Lost Boys
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
In the Mouth of Madness
Near Dark
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Omen
The Others
The People Under the Stairs
Poltergeist
Re-Animator
The Ring (Both Ringu and Gore Verbinski's)
Scanners
Scream
The Shining
The Sixth Sense
Sleepy Hollow
The Stepfather
Stir of Echoes
They
Unbreakable
The Vanishing
Village of the Damned (1994)
Wolfen

One might also consider the following films under a broader definition of
"horror":

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (or several other Lynch films)
Dario Argento's Opera, Inferno, Phenomena, Suspiria and Tenebre

Ryan Whitehead
Account Executive

phone (773) 281-9075
toll free (800) 331-6197