RE: [Videolib] DVD vendors

Chris McNevins (Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu)
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:08:55 -0500

Jeff,

We get a discount and free shipping from Baker & Taylor
Entertainment, and orders come within the week when in
stock. 3 copies of the invoice comes with the shipment.
I've also used Distribution Video & Audio (DV&A) and have
been please with them so far (except that they don't cite
our PO# on the invoice) Facets is another good one. All
have on-line ordering, though B&T's is a bit klunky.

We tried using Ambassador Media as a jobber, but order
fulfillment took too long (3-4 wks) which doesn't fly in our
environment. 95% of the video requests I receive are patron
notifies or for course reserve.

Hope this helps...

Chris McN

Chris McNevins
University Library Assistant II
University of Connecticut
Homer Babbidge Library
Collections Services / Acquisitions-Monographs
369 Fairfield Rd. Unit 2005AM
Storrs, CT 06269-2005
phone: 860-486-3842
fax: 860-486-6493