[Videolib] Re: MLK's Beyond Vietnam speech

Jen Stutesman (jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu)
Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:39:43 -0800

Thanks Art!
I did go ahead and buy the audio from Alternative Radio,
and I found the longest bit yet in "The Promised Land" ep
of Eyes on the Prize. That bit puts the speech in context,
so I think the two combined might work for the faculty
member. I'll try to contact Mr Bagwell, too.
-jen

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:51:13 -0800 (PST)
Art McGee <amcgee@virtualidentity.org> wrote:
> Orlando Bagwell, who is currently working with the Ford
>Foundation, recently completed a new documentary called
> "Citizen King," which details King's movement towards
> anti-Imperialist and anti-Capitalist organizing. The
>video
> airs on PBS this month, and will be out on DVD next
>week:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006Z2L5G/
>
> The "Beyond Vietnam: A Time To Break Silence" speech is
>one
> of the things covered in the doc. You might want to
>check
> that out or try and contact Mr. Bagwell at the
>foundation
> (based in NY), as he may know where footage of the
>entire
> speech can be found (if it's not included on the DVD).
>
> I assume you don't need just the audio, as that is easy
> dig up.
>

> Art

Jen Stutesman
Instructional, Media and Technical Services Librarian
Walla Walla Community College
Walla Walla, WA