Re: [Videolib] laser disc collections

deg farrelly (deg.farrelly@asu.edu)
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:34:36 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_nnNU9e+dawjXZstMJ9Yrlw)

Sigh.

We are replacing titles with DVDs when available.

We were unable to find anyone interested in buying our replaced discs (as a
group)

Ebay sales are too much work for too little return. We placed withdrawn
discs in our library book sale, where they all sold for $1 each.

For titles not available on DVD, we maintain several players in the Library,
including players for loan, and there are other players available for
classroom delivery.

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University at the West Campus

From: Diane Sybeldon <ac7255@wayne.edu> Organization: Wayne State University Reply-To: "videolib@library.berkeley.edu" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:37:34 -0500 To: VIDEOLIB <VIDEOLIB@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: [Videolib] laser disc collections

What are libraries doing with their laser disc collections i.e., keeping, weeding, dispersing, withdrawing? Diane Sybeldon

--Boundary_(ID_nnNU9e+dawjXZstMJ9Yrlw) Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: [Videolib] laser disc collections Sigh.=