RE: [Videolib] Showing parts of a film

Sharon Herfurth (herfurth@ctls.net)
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:25:34 -0600

There's a list of "Anime Contacts for Screening Permissions" in an article
from VOYA, April 2002, Showing Anime in the Library.
http://pdfs.voya.com/An/ime/Anime.pdf
Apparently, at least at the time the article was written, it was pretty easy
to get permission to show anime in the public library.
Sharon Herfurth
Central Texas Library System
Austin, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Redmond, Shauna
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 4:52 PM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] Showing parts of a film

Hello-

Pardon me if this question is just a rehash of a similar topic that has
recently been batted around, but I am asking for a colleague who is not a
member of the list, so I was hoping for an answer for this specific
situation re: public performance rights.

Our young adult librarian is having an anime program in a couple of weeks,
and wondered if he is within legal copyright bounds by planning to show
10-minute clips from some of our library's DVD and VHS anime collection.
His program will be open to the (teen) public, and there will be other
activities taking place around the anime and manga theme.

Any comments (on- or off-list) to me are appreciated.

Thanks!

Shauna Redmond
Reference
Pasadena Public Library