RE: [Videolib] Availability of list archives

Carol Dunn (dunn@findlaylibrary.org)
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:36:18 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C50A1F.40091C50

I did know that, what I don't like is it being on there forever. Some of
this information gets out of date. Have
you ever typed in your own email address on Groups in Google? Try it.
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Marilyn Huntley [mailto:mhuntley@hamilton.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 10:29 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu

And did you know the archive is searchable from Google? I posted a query on
Videolib in April 2003, and since then I've received 25 e-mails from
non-list members, wanting to know if I ever found a source for buying the
video. Some of them pasted a copy of my old query into their message. Half
of those e-mails arrived in the past 2 months, after Oprah had a guest
talking about the subject on her show.

Wanta see proof? I did a Google search just now, and here's my 22-month-old
posting -
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/pipermail/videolib/2003-April/000218.html
<http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/pipermail/videolib/2003-April/000218.html> . Is
this scary, or what?

Marilyn Huntley
P.S. The answer is, yes, I did find a source for the video, but on my own,
not with help from any videolibbers :-( . And I have written back to every
one of those inquirers. Three of them even thanked me!