Re: [Videolib] Availability of list archives

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:02:13 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3190273333_36406630_MIME_Part

Oh no the horror, the horror . My typos on the ENTIRE internet for eternity
( now if you REALLY want to see my rants try a googling "Jessica Maddux" I
was even
scared myself when I did this last year.

From: Marilyn Huntley <mhuntley@hamilton.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:29:23 -0500
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu

And did you know the archive is searchable from Google? I posted a query on
Videolib in April 2003, and since then I've received 25 e-mails from
non-list members, wanting to know if I ever found a source for buying the
video. Some of them pasted a copy of my old query into their message. Half
of those e-mails arrived in the past 2 months, after Oprah had a guest
talking about the subject on her show.

Wanta see proof? I did a Google search just now, and here's my 22-month-old
posting -
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/pipermail/videolib/2003-April/000218.html. Is
this scary, or what?

Marilyn Huntley
P.S. The answer is, yes, I did find a source for the video, but on my own,
not with help from any videolibbers :-( . And I have written back to every
one of those inquirers. Three of them even thanked me!