RE: [Videolib] Availability of list archives

Marilyn Huntley (mhuntley@hamilton.edu)
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:29:23 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_0plQxqE+jYA5gM8seKE90g)

And did you know the archive is searchable from Google? I posted a query on
Videolib in April 2003, and since then I've received 25 e-mails from
non-list members, wanting to know if I ever found a source for buying the
video. Some of them pasted a copy of my old query into their message. Half
of those e-mails arrived in the past 2 months, after Oprah had a guest
talking about the subject on her show.

Wanta see proof? I did a Google search just now, and here's my 22-month-old
posting -
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/pipermail/videolib/2003-April/000218.html. Is
this scary, or what?

Marilyn Huntley
P.S. The answer is, yes, I did find a source for the video, but on my own,
not with help from any videolibbers :-( . And I have written back to every
one of those inquirers. Three of them even thanked me!

At 08:31 AM 2/3/2005, Mark Kopp wrote:
>Would it be called an archive...or evidence?????

>Great all my rants & typos kept for eternity.
>

>Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
>
>Jessica Rosner
>

> > From: Gary Handman <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
> > Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:15:38 -0800
> > To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
> >
> > Yup: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/VideoLib/archive/
> >
> > gary handman
> >
> > At 12:18 PM 2/2/2005 -1000, you wrote:
> >> Quick question--
> >>
> >> Is there a list archives available on the web? I read this list in
> >> digest and frequently the tail end of messages is truncated.
> >>
> >> Thank you and back to your fascinating discussion of public
> >> performance rights, preservation copies, etc.
> >>
> >> Marynelle Chew

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant:
Film scheduling, rentals/licensing & previews
A-V Classroom Services, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu

--Boundary_(ID_0plQxqE+jYA5gM8seKE90g)

And did you know the archive is searchable from Google? I posted a query on Videolib in April 2003, and since then I've received 25 e-mails from non-list members, wanting to know if I ever found a source for buying the video. Some of them pasted a copy of my old query into their message. Half of those e-mails arrived in the past 2 months, after Oprah had a guest talking about the subject on her show.

Wanta see proof? I did a Google search just now, and here's my 22-month-old posting - http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/pipermail/videolib/2003-April/000218.html. Is this scary, or what?

Marilyn Huntley
P.S. The answer is, yes, I did find a source for the video, but on my own, not with help from any videolibbers  :-( . And I have written back to every one of those inquirers. Three of them even thanked me!

Would it be called an archive...or evidence?????

Great all my rants & typos kept for eternity.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner

> From: Gary Handman <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
> Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:15:38 -0800
> To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
>
> Yup:  http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/VideoLib/archive/
>
> gary handman
>
> At 12:18 PM 2/2/2005 -1000, you wrote:
>> Quick question--
>>
>> Is there a list archives available on the web?  I read this list in
>> digest and frequently the tail end of messages is truncated.
>>
>> Thank you and back to your fascinating discussion of public
>> performance rights, preservation copies, etc.
>>
>> Marynelle Chew