Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Videolib] Fair use of videos]]

Jerry Notaro (notaro@stpt.usf.edu)
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:18:08 -0500

> I agree with Gary--if you want to establish two-tiered pricing, be up front
> about it. While I have a philosophical problem with two-tiered pricing
> because of what it implies about how we use materials, I also understand
> that some folks need the additional $$ for future productions.

I'm not quite so understanding. Why unfairly charge us for what might be
done? It is not so different from what book publishers tried to do to
libraries early on. First they tried to close them down, and also tried a
different pricing scheme. But today they don't try to charge more for books
sold to libraries because someone might scan it and place it on the web.

Jerry