Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Videolib] Fair use of videos]]

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:28:06 -0800

All right...I say we all chip in and hire a Soprano to pay a little visit
to this guy. He's hopelessly clueless and a menace to the society of
educators and librarians trying to serve the public good. The statement
below is incorrect and just plain misinformed.

Gary

At 03:00 PM 2/2/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>The fact that a school charges a tuition, an instructor is paid a salary,
>and the copyrighted work is used as an enhancement to the curriculum, this
>understanding of "Fair Use" does not apply. And since one of your
>professors seems interested in using our program(s) in a classroom, this
>constitues a Public Performance. In as much as we are the exclusive
>copyright holders on these programs, it is to the benefit of your school
>to follow our procedures which have already been provided in our last
>communication with you.

UC Berkeley

****

--Ted Berrigan