Re: [Videolib] Eyes on the Prize

Nell Chenault (njchenau@vcu.edu)
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:35:33 -0500

I am both happy and sad to see this discussion.
VRT will be sponsoring or cosponsoring several programs at future ALA
conferences on rights and media collections (the old chestnut topic) and
the high profile issues of shrinking information commons and increasing
cost of licensing rights. There is a proposal before ALA to create a
new office or committee to deal with Information Commons issues. I will
have a post-midwinter meeting update in the next VRT newsletter.

Dennis, your suggestions for work around orphan films is very
provocative - and I will pass it on to several of our preservation
groups in ALA for consideration on colaborative work. Thanks.

Nell Chenault
VRT Chair