RE: [Videolib] PPRs/licensing/purchasing agreements

Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:18:44 -0700

Chris,

Please share your findings. Our library does not keep any records on this,
but insists on buying the PPR rights if they are available as part of a
package deal. I think they are throwing their money away, as there is no
way of going back and finding out if we actually own the rights later (or
informing our customers that we have the rights). I tried to get them to
discuss documenting this somehow in the record, but nothing has come of it
yet. I would prefer they just don't buy them, as we have never used them,
but....

mb

Michael Brewer
University of Arizona Library A210