Re: [Videolib] RE: Song of the South

MileFilms@aol.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:04:52 EST

--part1_6b.3dac9b6f.2f2c1104_boundary

In a message dated 1/28/05 3:41:13 PM, jrosner@kino.com writes:

> They are too afraid. There are too many people who would jump down their
> throat and make them look bad. People would insist that the dvd be on some
> kind of restricted use or pulled from shelves. Pressure would be put on
> chains not to buy it. It would only be a tiny minority but Disney just doe=
> not want to deal with this . They released is=A0 legally in the UK on VHS=20=
(
> PAL) and Japan on DVD and these LEGAL copies fetch a HIGH price. Disney DO=
ES
> aggressively police illegal copies on eBay.
>=20

Jessica,
The story I heard from a former exec at Disney had nothing to do with fear.=20
It had to do with the sensitivies of an African-American board member who fi=
nds=20
the film offensive. I think he's wrong, but this would put Disney in a=20
different light, wouldn't it? Perhaps hypocritical for the foreign releases=20=
though I=20
don't know the background on why those countries and not others.

I'm SO glad we can go back to arguing! It's just not the same when we always=
=20
agree. It must BE getting close to spring training.

>From the Blue and Orange state, Mets country...

Dennis
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128