Re(2): [Videolib] Eyes on the Prize

Karen Fischer (Karen_Fischer@freenet.richland.oh.us)
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:35:48 -0500

*This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) SMTP*
*This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) FC Gateway*

> However if this group is so convinced that copyright
> should NOT prevent important films from being available
> for both public & private use they ought to be willing to
> show SONG OF THE SOUTH...

Why in God's name would anyone want to see that racist crap?
How disingenuous of you to suggest that the greatest American
story ever told is comparable to what was effectively a legacy
narrative of "The Birth of a Nation."

What I find interesting is the slamming of "Song of the South" as "racist crap." Probably 95% of my patrons that ask for "Song of the South" are older African-Americans who saw the movie as children and enjoyed it! They want to see it again or show it to their granchildren because they liked it. And yes, I've asked them--not one has said they want to illustrate the"racist crap" of the film.
Have you ever actually seen the film for yourself?
Karen Fischer
Av Librarian
Mansfield/Richland County Public Library
Mansfield, OH