RE: [Videolib] Videos on Ethno-political conflict

Blaine Waterman (bwaterman@sfpl.org)
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:52:57 -0800

LONG NIGHT'S JOURNEY INTO DAY is the closest I can think of. It's about
South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission. A very moving film.

Blaine Waterman
AV Center Librarian
San Francisco Public Library
100 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415)557-4461
bwaterman@sfpl.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Meredith [mailto:Will.Meredith@RoyalRoads.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 7:04 PM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] Videos on Ethno-political conflict

I am looking for videos that deal with political or ethnic conflict and
how
that conflict was resolved through negotiation or mediation. I have no
specific title(s) in mind here, I am fishing.

The nature of the conflict should be clearly be explained, followed by
the
way that both sides were able to negotiate across their differences to a
positive conclusion. If an outside force like the UN helped in this
process,
then so much the better. The more current the scenario, the better.

I have spent more time than I can justify on this search, and must now
call
upon your impressive collective knowledge.

Will Meredith

Librarian
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Rd.