Re: [Videolib] Question about use of CDs

Gary Handman (
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:46:43 -0800

I'd say, like video, single-user use of copyrighted works is probably
ok...(even tho, technically, I guess, ANY "performance" of copyrighted
works in a public place is public performance)

Bottom line: wouldn't worry...

At 10:16 AM 1/26/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>Dear Videofolk,
>This question is slightly off-topic but I wondered if anyone has any
>experience or knowledge about possible copyright issues in this particular
>situation. One of our public libraries sent me this query:
>"I was curious if any violations are breached if we play music via cd
>player in the library. Are copyright laws broken if music is playing for
>the public? "
>What would you folks say??
>Barbara Rhodes
>Media Consultant