RE: [Videolib] Videos on Ethno-political conflict

Blackburn, Alison (Alison.Blackburn@library.ottawa.on.ca)
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:31:13 -0500

Hello,

A recent title that comes to mind is "Teaching Peace in a Time of War"

"Teaching Peace in a Time of War introduces us to the students and teachers
at Vasa Pelagic School in Belgrade, Serbia. The students include Nenad,
whose father is institutionalized for killing his mother, and Emil, who is
terrorized for being a Muslim...Despite these challenges, educators Nena and
Irena are won over by Hetty's brand of conflict prevention and resolution,
where the ultimate goal is to empower children to shape their destinies more
positively."

(Hetty van Gurp, founder of Peaceful Schools International)

Source:http://www.peacefulschoolsinternational.org/tour/index.html

Alison Blackburn
AV Librarian - Collection Development
Ottawa Public Library