(no subject)

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:47:59 -0800 (PST)

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:47:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Cecilia Hurt <fuzzee_rabbit@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [Videolib] Film Censorship, Part 2
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Sender: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu

The fact that the film was no longer available for
checkout was the part that I was referring to in my
subject line. (Although I did find the main part of
the article unsettling also.)

I received many responses in my personal e-mail about
this, but not everyone read the entire article. So, to
clarify. . . my use of the word censorship was
referring to the library's decision to remove the film
from the circulating collection.

I will be more careful in my subject line selection
and more specific about what I am referring to in the

--- "Cartford, Peter, JCL" <CartfordP@jocolibrary.org>

> A guideline is not censorship. The city is
> perfectly within its rights
> to exercise some discretion over what kinds of films
> will be shown, in
> public, at its libraries. What is disturbing is
> that last sentence:
> "The film is no longer available for checkout."
> Peter Cartford
> AV Librarian
> Johnson County Library
> Overland Park, KS
> 913-495-2496
> cartfordp@jocolibrary.org

"Nowhere can you be that you are not meant to be."

Do you Yahoo!?