Re: [Videolib] Region Free DVD's

Matthew Ballard (mballard@otis.edu)
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:43:29 -0800

--=====================_442126125==.ALT

Are they commercial region free DVDs, or burned DVDs? (the easiest way to
tell the difference is that commercial ones will have a very shiny silver
or sometimes more of a gold color, whereas burned ones will normally be a
blue or green color)

If it is a burned one, those typically have lower compatibility levels,
varying depending on whether it is a - or + format, and the DVD player
being tested on, as well as who produced the media, and the burner used.

Matthew Ballard
Otis College of Art and Design Library
mballard@otis.edu