RE: [Videolib] Film Censorship

Linda Cannon (LCannon@joplinpubliclibrary.org)
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:50:24 -0600

I always check www.imdb.com and www.rottentomato.com for reviews and
citations of awards. Good ammo, that.

Linda Cannon, Collection Development Librarian
Joplin Public Library
300 S. Main St.
Joplin, MO 64801
417-623-7953
lcannon@joplinpubliclibrary.org
-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Tova Aragon
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 3:36 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] Film Censorship

This email was very timely for me. I just recieved a formal request for
removal of "Lenny" the 1974 film starring Dustin Hoffman. This is my
first time to put a film through the reconsideration process. The
patron was okay with the standup routines but very disconcerted with the
"pornographic"
betrayal of his life. I would really appreciate any comments on the
film
to take to my committee.

Thank you,

Tova Aragon