Re: [Videolib] Film Censorship

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:50:37 EST

--part1_1a4.2f86385f.2f1edead_boundary

In a message dated 1/18/05 4:31:08 PM, mthreatt@indiana.edu writes:

> One of the films that I thought was just wonderful is=A0I AM CURIOUS=20
> (YELLOW).
>=20
It's not one of my favorites after seeing it again, but the director's=20
previous film, "491" was a landmark in censorship history. The case of Janus=
Films=20
versus the US government (who had banned it) went to the supreme court and w=
as=20
the beginning of the end of censorship in the US -- until the 1980s that is.=
=20
Great title too, it refers to Jesus and his answer to how many sins can a ma=
n=20
have until God no longer forgives you.=20

Upon incurring the 491st, I believe God then forces you to become a film=20
distributor ;-)

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
Website: http://www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_1a4.2f86385f.2f1edead_boundary

In a message dated 1/18/05 4:31:08 PM, mthreatt@indiana.edu writes:

One of the films that= I thought was just wonderful is=A0I AM CURIOUS (YELLOW).

It's not one of my favorites after seeing it again, but the director's pr= evious film, "491" was a landmark in censorship history. The case of Janus F= ilms versus the US government (who had banned it) went to the supreme court=20= and was the beginning of the end of censorship in the US -- until the 1980s=20= that is. Great title too, it refers to Jesus and his answer to how many sins= can a man have until God no longer forgives you.

Upon incurring the 491st, I believe God then forces you to become a film dis= tributor ;-)