RE: [Videolib] Film Censorship

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:52:08 -0500

-----Original Message----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Cecilia Hurt
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 1:51 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Film Censorship

Hello, everyone!
=20
Please see below a current film censorship story. At this time,
I do not know of any actions being taken to reinstate the film in the
collection.
=20
On a related note, for this year's Banned Books Week, the Video
Round Table will be creating an attractive banned/challenged/censored
film handout. It will be made available on the VRT web site. We are in
the information gathering stage of development. Does anyone have
suggestions for titles that should included?=20
=20
Thank you,
~Cecilia
=20
=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4FD9F.932A3450

Message

Cecilia,

Do you=20 have this book in your library?  I think it's an excellent = resource,=20 albeit a little outdated.  Do you want the list to include = all banned=20 movies, or a numbered selection?

Banned=20 films : movies, censors, and the First Amendment / Edward de = Grazia and=20 Roger K. Newman. New York : Bowker, 1982. xxiii, 455 p. ; 25 cm.=20
(Motion=20 pictures--Censorship--United States.  Motion=20 pictures--Censorship--United States--Digests.)

-----Original = Message----