RE: [Videolib] Western TV Series set in Australia

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:57:29 -0600

Could it be "Snowy River: The MacGregor Saga?" One of the cast members
was Guy Pearce. Some of the plots involved the MacGregors, a ranching
family, up against a wealthy landowner. This was on in 1993. I
remember watching it, and enjoying it a lot. According to IMDB, copies
of some of the episodes are available on Amazon. Hope this helps.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
Phone: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209
bltata@aurora.lib.il.us
www.aurora.lib.il.us

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Carol Dunn
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:54 AM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] Western TV Series set in Australia

For you old timers on the list, here is a question:
Back about 10-20 years ago, there was a series of videos
that was kind of like The Little House on the Prairie,
but it was a western set in Australia. The series had like 20-30 videos
available, and they were very popular.
Does anyone remember the name of this series?
Seems like it was a TV Series, made in Australia or set in Australia.
Any help appreciated, I had someone ask if we could still
get them, on DVD. I vaguely recall them, can't find anything on
google.com or ebay.
Regards,
Carol Dunn
AV Manager, NT Administrator and Webmaster
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, Ohio 45840