Re: [Videolib] Crimean War video

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:49:10 +0100

Dear Jim,

the first title mentioned is identical with the video available from
amazon.com under the title:
Line of Fire : Balaclava 1854
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005NK8S/qid=1105375556/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6548355-3411066?v=glance&s=video
Written by Bob Carruthers
Narrated by Mike Leighton
Editors Kirk Britten and Matthew Hale
Producer Lara Lowe
60 minutes
History Channel, 9 April 2000
Experience the Battle of Balaclava from Lord Raglan’s position and
discover what Lucan was able to see from his point of view on the valley
floor. Taken from the hugely-popular television series “Line of Fire”,
this programme harnesses state of the art computer technology to
explore, explain and bring new perspectives to one of the major battles
of the Crimean War. Featuring specially treated recreations, “Balaclava”
also includes authoritative comment and analysis by leading military
historians from the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst.

About 'Line of Fire' Line of Fire is history with a difference. For the
first time the great battlefields of the world are presented in a unique
animated environment, providing new insights into military history's
most compelling events. Each powerful episode combines unrivalled
graphics with atmospheric recreations to analyse every facet of famous
battles from medieval times to the Second World War.

Peter