Re: [Videolib] Untold Stories: Creative Consequences of the Rights

Nell Chenault (njchenau@vcu.edu)
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:26:13 -0500

Thanks, Chris, for this alert. This is an issue which our local
filmmakers and faculty struggle with continuously! On of our award
winning documentary filmakers, David Williams, showed a rough cut of his
new film. He had to cut several great sceens because of his concern
about music playing in the background.

The folks at the Center for Social Media do great work (and speak highly
of two Washington area media librarians and VRT members - Chris Lewis
and Lisbeth Goldberg).

Nell Chenault
Access Librarian and Head, Media and Reserves
VCU Libraries
Virginia Commonwealth University
(804) 828-1088