Re: [Videolib] Theo Van Gogh's Submission

Delin, Peter (
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:37:13 +0100

Dear Meghann,

as far as I see, this title is not available which is a real scandal to
my opinion. The rights holders have locked up the film. We have tried to
get a copy from the television station in the Netherlands that has
broadcast the film during the talk show "Zomergasten" in August this
year with Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Theo van Gogh, but without any success.
You might try to get a copy of that talk show. I suppose a video copy
might be available for scholarly use inhouse. That emission took place
on Sunday 29th of August, 2004, 21.05 on NET 3 (Netherlands Television).
Here is the adress for getting copies:

VPRO Publieksservice
t.a.v. Bart Baas
Postbus 11
Fax: 035 - 671 2734 (t.a.v. Bart Baas)

Here is some information about that emission (in English)

On this site (in Dutch) there are 2 video clips from Zomergasten, one
seems to be an intro to "Submission" (did not work on my PC)
Another real video from this talk show (did not work on my PC):

Here is the English dialogue of "Submission"

I am not sure if the stream of "Submission" is still available via the
(our server doesn't allow streaming)

By the way 14 films by Theo van Gogh are available on DVD in the
Netherlands(PAL/ region code 2, mostly without English subtitles). We
have bought them all. Dutch is a little similar to Low German, so some
people in Germany can understand it. The DVDs are permanently checked
Titles available on DVD:
-Nacht Van Aalbers, De
-Hoe Ik Mijn Moeder Vermoordde
-Terug naar Oegstgeest
-Blind Date/06 (2 titles)
-Baby Blue/Loos (2 titles)
several short films by van Gogh are included.

with kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin