RE: [Videolib] headphone question

Jed Horovitz (JedH@internetvideoarchive.com)
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:15:40 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_030B_01C4F34A.2E3744C0

MessageA few years ago I saw a demo for 'cones of sound' that look like a
lampshade and project sound down onto a very limited area without bleed over
at the ALA convention...think it was Atlanta.
[Jed Horovitz]

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of McGuire, Dennis
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 11:07 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] headphone question

Has anyone here used disposable headphones for viewing stations in your
institution? We're replacing headphones at an alarming rate due to
mishandling by our students. An instructor suggested something along the
line of what is used by the airlines. I realize that the sound quality on
those is fairly bad. Maybe someone here knows of a decent product.

Many thanks.

-------------------
Dennis McGuire
Head of Digital and Media Services
Columbia College Chicago
624 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
(v) 312.344.7434
(f) 312.344.8062

------=_NextPart_000_030B_01C4F34A.2E3744C0

Message

A few years ago I saw a demo for  'cones = of sound'=20 that look like a lampshade and project sound down onto a very = limited area=20 without bleed over at the ALA convention...think it was=20 Atlanta.
[Jed=20 Horovitz]

 -----Original = Message-----