RE: [Videolib] headphone question

Hooft, Robert (RHOOFT@jibc.bc.ca)
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:38:56 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4F366.93FAAFB0

A bit more expensive, but, perhaps a good investment, have you =
considered wireless headphones? Patrons have the tendency to "roll up" =
the headphone cords and that eventually snaps the little wires...... =20

Robert Hooft=20
Justice Institute of B.C. Library=20
715 McBride Blvd=20
New Westminster, B.C.=20
V3L 5T4=20
Ph: 604-528-5598=20
Fx: 604-528-5593=20

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu =
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of McGuire, =
Dennis
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 11:07 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] headphone question

Has anyone here used disposable headphones for viewing stations in your =
institution? We're replacing headphones at an alarming rate due to =
mishandling by our students. An instructor suggested something along =
the line of what is used by the airlines. I realize that the sound =
quality on those is fairly bad. Maybe someone here knows of a decent =
product.
=20
Many thanks.
=20

-------------------=20
Dennis McGuire=20
Head of Digital and Media Services=20
Columbia College Chicago=20
624 S. Michigan Ave.=20
Chicago, IL 60605=20
(v) 312.344.7434=20
(f) 312.344.8062=20

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4F366.93FAAFB0

Message

A bit=20 more expensive, but, perhaps a good investment, have you considered = wireless=20 headphones?  Patrons have the tendency to "roll up"=20 the headphone cords and that eventually snaps the little=20 wires......

Robert Hooft
Justice Institute of B.C. Library
715=20 McBride Blvd
New Westminster, = B.C.=20