RE: [Videolib] Having trouble with 2 "Discoveries... America" DVDs

Blane Halliday (bhalliday@collier-lib.org)
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:15:56 -0500

Hi Renee,

We have had the three titles you mentioned since last May. There have been
no reported problems with them...all have circulated around 23 times.

I hope that helps...

Blane Halliday
AV Acquisitions Librarian
Collier County Public Library
2385 Orange Blossom Drive
Naples, Florida 34109
239-593-3511, ext. 45
bhalliday@collier-lib.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Renee Zurn
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 12:51 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Having trouble with 2 "Discoveries... America" DVDs

Has anyone else had to withdraw copies of DVDs in this series after they
have circulated a few times? I am looking for information on the
"Discoveries....America" series from Bennet-Watt HD Productions.

The Duluth Public Library owns 3 in this series - Nevada, Washington,
and Wyoming. We had complaints on Nevada after it circulated 7 times
and problems withWashington, after it circulated 4 times. We can not
get them to play on any DVD player we have tried. Wyoming has
circulated 13 times without any problems. I am making the assumption
that someone was able to watch the DVDs because we did not get any
complaints until after a few circs.

Before we try to get replacement copies or order others in this series
I thought I would check with other libraries that might be circulating
this series. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Renee Zurn
Media Librarian
Duluth Public Library
Duluth MN 55802