Re: [Videolib] In search of an author to speak

Pat Shufeldt (pashuf@charter.net)
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:58:07 -0500

Monique:

What about Barbara Kingsolver? Kingsolver's POISONWOOD BIBLE is currently being made into
a miniseries. Originally she refused to allow it to be made into a film "unless John
Sayles will direct it." He refused when approached by Whoopie Goldberg, because of other
commitments, and also because he thought the miniseries format was what was needed to do it
justice. I don't remember who is directing the miniseries which Kingsolver approved, but
it isn't Sayles.

Sayles & Kingsolver appeared together in an interview a month or so ago (on Book-TV, I
think); were a great combo.

Also, if you happen to be looking for someone to speak in Indiana, doesn't Kingsolver live
there?

Pat Shufeldt
pashuf@charter.net